Re: SMuFL Bravura

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: SMuFL Bravura
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:50:56 +0200

On 3/31/19, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
> To the point, I want some various string mute symbols. Would it be better
> for me to look into adding glyphs to Emmentaler with metafont? How
> extensible is Emmentaler?

Very extensible; quite a few new glyphs have been added recently.
That is, however, assuming you can master metafont syntax. Many have
given up, but you’ll be regarded as a hero if you do -- well, at least
by me :-)

Using SMuFL with LilyPond requires but a thin compatibility layer
(mainly because of different glyph name mapping); that’s what the
OpenLily thingamabob does and it should be rather useable even with
recent LilyPond builds. (I wish it wasn’t implemented in that way, but
that’s how things are for now.)

Otherwise, you may or may not be better off with simple postscript or
svg markups, e.g. http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1085

Cheers,
V.