python3-ly WAS Re: fixed vs relative

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: python3-ly WAS Re: fixed vs relative
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 12:03:09 +1000

HI David,

Well I am delighted utterly. I can't use Frescobaldi anymore as the program takes minutes to position the cursor in my complex scores, due to issues that have been discussed on detail on the lists. So I switched to gvim (principally because the emacs lilypond mode is buggy and the indenting does not work right), and even wrote a guide for people about how to set this up for point and click on Ubuntu. But I keep having to fire up Frescobaldi just to re-indent the code, which is tiresome and not very fluent, and I have to put up with it being improperly indented until I do this.

Now that you have wiped the dust from my eyes and shown me python3-ly and the reformat command, I can just run this filter over the buffer in gvim. Fantastic. A dream come true. I never imagined the reformatting code was externalised from the core Frescoabdi code, so I never looked. I had begun to think I have to write my own syntax level indenter to do the job.

I am indebted to you for this knowledge.

Andrew