Re: 64 bit

From: Jonathan Armitage
Subject: Re: 64 bit
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 18:04:21 +0000

On 11/11/2019 15:32, Eric wrote:
On the assumption that it would have been pointed out if this link was dangerous phished spam (apologies, Mr Sorensen!!) I have decided to install this development version to replace my slashed-out 32-bit Lilyponds. Has anyone else - or are others who use Mac Catalina waiting for Lilypond 2.20 to possibly include a 64-bit version (if even then) linked from the Lilypond site?

I took the plunge and upgraded my Mac Mini to Catalina (not without other difficulties which are still coming out of the woodwork) and installed Hans's package, which seems to work perfectly well, apart from convert-ly as mentioned elsewhere.

I am a Homebrew user, I do not have MacPorts installed.

I did have to recompile Qsynth myself. I cannot (so far) build Lilypond, possibly because I cannot compile Guile 1.8.8. This is not a big deal for me, I am only a casual Lilypond user.

Thank you, Hans.

Jon