Re: Invisible midi layer for specific measures

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Invisible midi layer for specific measures
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 12:28:49 -0800

On 2019-11-11 12:16 pm, Paolo Prete wrote:
Thank you Karl for your help.
However, in the way you suggested, I have to repeat the music of the
first \score block into the second \score block for the first and
third measure of my snippet. I would like to avoid this redundancy,
and I would like to specify the notes of "custom" generated midi only
for for a subset of specific measures.

Variables and tags are helpful.  Consider:

%%%%
\version "2.19.83"

asdf = \fixed c' {
  | c4 d e2
  | \tag #'display { <f g>1_\trill }
    \tag #'midi { \repeat unfold 4 { f8 g } }
  | a4 b c'2
}

\score { \keepWithTag #'display \asdf \layout {} }
\score { \keepWithTag #'midi \asdf \midi { \tempo 1 = 60 } }
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill