Re: Display the control points of a slur

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Display the control points of a slur
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 15:06:36 -0800

On 2019-11-14 2:20 pm, Paolo Prete wrote:
I propose to include your snippet in a new release of Lilypond because
it's very useful.

It would be nice to include more debug annotations within LilyPond. If I am not mistaken, we currently have the following options:

  \paper { annotate-spacing = ##t }
  #(ly:set-option 'debug-skylines)
  \override [Non]PaperColumn.stencil = #ly:paper-column::print

For the future, we could add support for these cases:

- Plotting curve control points.
- Visualizing the extents and origins of grob stencils.
- Indicating the relationships between grobs (i.e. parents, children, siblings).

Are there other annotations that folks would find helpful? Providing there is enough interest in such support, we should open a ticket for tracking the work.

-- Aaron Hill