Re: How to color objects that cause collision

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: How to color objects that cause collision
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 13:52:38 +0000 (UTC)

I don't think it's a bug. It's a snippet from the official documentation.
Look at the first snippet in the following page, there's a collision as well:

LilyPond Learning Manual: 4.6.3 Real music example

A function that helps in discovering these things would be really useful...

Il venerdì 15 novembre 2019, 11:01:14 CET, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Am 15.11.19 um 01:50 schrieb Paolo Prete:

> I think that a very useful function would be a way to highlight or
> change the color for all the objects that are causing a collision.
> Is there already some code for that?
> Look for example at the two slurs in the following snippet:
>
> […]
>
> When there are many and many graphic objects on a score, it's easy to
> ignore some of these errors relying on observation only...

If LilyPond knew that there was a collision it wouldn’t engrave it that
way so IMO that’s a bug. Without knowing about a collision LilyPond
cannot tell you about it ;)