8va superscript

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: 8va superscript
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 10:36:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Attached is a picture from two 8va variants I found in the Bravura font.

Using LilyPond with the following tiny example:

\version "2.19.83"
\relative {
  \ottava #1 f'' f f f |
  \ottava #-1 f,, f f f |
}

will result in "8va" (above) and "8vb" (below)

I would like to accomplish two things:

- 8va above the staff with the "va" superscripted like in the attached png, and the dotted extenderline vertically aligned with the superscripted "va", or the top of the "8" or the superscripted "va".

- 8va below (instead of 8vb) using the normal italic "8va" and the dotted extenderline vertically aligned with the floor of the "8va" text.

Can all this be done in LilyPond?

I mostly use the traditional 8va below the staff in pianomusic instead of more modern 8vb. (Which I don't like - personal taste I guess. You may call me oldfashioned)

--

MT