Lyric misalignment solved. Was Re: Lyric misalignment and beaming?

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Lyric misalignment solved. Was Re: Lyric misalignment and beaming?
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 19:54:53 -0500

Thanks very much to Carl Sorenson for a response that got me to start paring things down even more and led me to find the problem in my score where I didn’t previously look. Took a while

Basically, if autoBeam is off (somehow I’d turned it off outside a variable where I was defining things), the Lyrics somehow follow the manual beaming to guide their placement rather than slurs, but if it is on, they ignore it and act as they should.

Here is a *very* close to minimal example that shows both behaviors:

\version "2.19.83"
\score {
  <<
    \new Voice = "mel" \relative c'' {
      \time 4/4

      \autoBeamOff
      c4^"This is wrong. Autobeam off" d4 c4 a4 |
      f16[( e16) d8] d4 a'2 |

      \autoBeamOn
      c4^"This is right. Autobeam on" d4 c4 a4 |
      f16[( e16) d8] d4 a'2 |
    }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto mel {
      Ne bu -- sul -- jon, ko -- mám -- asz
      % Should be another syllable at the end of the line above, but I'm omitting it
      % so it doesn't throw the next bit off
      Ne bu -- sul -- jon, ko -- mám -- asz -- szony,
    }

  \layout {}
}

Here’s the rendering:

Seems this is a bug unless there is a reason why lyrics should follow manual beaming rather than slurs when autoBeam is off. Can anyone tell me whether I should log this?

-Arle