Re: Lyric misalignment solved. Was Re: Lyric misalignment and beaming?

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: Lyric misalignment solved. Was Re: Lyric misalignment and beaming?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:58:36 -0500

So schrieb David:

> Either way is acting as it should.
>
> The manual has an index entry "beam, with lyrics" for the chapter
> "Setting automatic beam behavior" but there is no usable reference
> whatsoever in that chapter.  I actually find rather little elsewhere
> either, there are mostly just some allusions to manual beaming and
> lyrics that don't make it into a definitive statement about LilyPond's
> behavior rather than a general typesetting practice.
>
> It's sort of an "everyone knows this except the manual" situation
> apparently.

Thanks for the explanation, which makes sense. Where should I suggest that this
be made more prominent in the documentation? It think it ought to be mentioned
in the section on Lyrics where slurs are discussed so that both options are
evident to people like me, who dip in and out of Lilypond on a semi-regular
basis but aren’t quite up on all the details.

-Arle