Re: Override a StaffSymbol property outside \new Staff { ... } context

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Override a StaffSymbol property outside \new Staff { ... } context
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:44:11 +0100

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 4:49 AM Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

However, why jump through such Scheme hoops when LilyPond syntax is more
direct?

Thank you Aaron. I used a misleading topic, sorry. I wanted a set of layout properties which is shared by all the scores I edit. So I can simply import it with \include.
I thought that it was necessary to replicate these props in all the layout blocks of all the scores. Then I asked for a "Scheme solution"
But this is not true:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.45"
\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
      \override StaffSymbol.color = #red

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
      \override StaffSymbol.line-count = 3

<< \new Staff { b'4 } \new Staff { b'4 } >>