Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi

From: John Burt
Subject: Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 20:15:52 -0700 (MST)

Thank you for your help. I solved the problem in a stupidly easy way, or
rather discovered that I had caused the problem in a stupid way. It struck
me as strange that I could launch Denemo but not Lilypond, and it occured to
me that when I installed Denemo from the add/remove software tab on the
preferences pane I might have installed a version of Lilypond that was
conflicting with the one I had downloaded separately. So I deleted both
programs and started over, installing both of them from the add/remove
software tab on the preferences pane.. Now Denemo runs, and Lilypad runs
also. It should have occurred to me that if the repository maintainers
included Denemo that they would have made sure that the Lilypad they had was
compatible with it.