Re: visualize-padding

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: visualize-padding
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:12:59 +0100

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 11:56 PM Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2020-01-22 7:26 am, Paolo Prete wrote:
> The problem is associated with:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-01/msg00467.html
>
> Sorry if I insist again with this: is there a fix (or work-around) for
> it?
> The function is ***very*** useful, You can really see what happens with
> the
> discussed property, and you can really use therefore a ruler for fine
> tuning .

But be aware
that you might have to do things the other way around, working from
TupletNumber.after-line-breaking which would mean getting the bracket
from the number: (ly:grob-object number-grob 'bracket).

Hi Aaron,

I'm trying to implement the work-around you suggested.
TupletNumber doesn't cause the discussed weird space.
However, this weird space happens as soon as I access the stencil (or any property of it) of the TupletBracket grob
Then, even if I get the bracket's grob with (ly:grob-object number-grob 'bracket), I can't access its stencil, nor its y-extent through
this variable. Is this what you were suggesting or do I have to follow another method?

Thanks!
Best,
Paolo