Re: 64-bit Mac build of 2.20 is now available!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 64-bit Mac build of 2.20 is now available!
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 09:47:38 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Mi., 18. März 2020 um 07:49 Uhr schrieb Aaron Hill
> <address@hidden>:
>>
>> On 2020-03-17 11:05 pm, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
>> > AFAIK this was never proper syntax to begin with.  Does it compile with
>> > LilyPond 2.18?  I'd be surprised if it does.
>>
>> Definitely valid syntax in 2.18.2 [1]:
>>
>> %%%%
>> \version "2.18.2"
>>
>> \paper {
>>    indent = #0 ragged-right = ##f
>>    system-system-spacing #'padding = #20
>> }
>>
>> { b'1 \break b'1 }
>> %%%%
>>
>> [1]: http://lilybin.com/99jt2g/1
>>

>> -- Aaron Hill
>>

> Yep. Though,
> system-system-spacing.padding = #20
> works as well in 2.18.2.
> Looks like there's no convert-rule for it.
>
> David?

Issue 4068.  Looks like I considered the rule too likely for false
positives to let it stay permanently.

The rationale in the issue states:

    When pushed to staging, another commit reverting the convert-ly rule
    will be added since we don't want to apply somewhat generic patterns
    like those on unknown user-provided code when unchanged code remains
    valid.

Of course, since then the "when unchanged code remains valid" bit went
out the window in issue 4800.

Maybe one would want to reintroduce a more specific version of the issue
4068 rule restricted to known variables and/or only within
\header/\layout/\paper blocks?

For which version number then?  Likely the one for issue 4800?

--
David Kastrup