Re: [Off-topic] A question about opera scores

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: [Off-topic] A question about opera scores
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 20:07:33 +0000

On 3/30/20, Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> do you as a conductor
>> prefer to see the vocal parts above the strings,
>> or within the strings
>> (between the violas and
>> cellos)?

Greetings,
I personally always put the vocal parts above the strings.  IMO the
only case where it’s still making any sense to mix them in between the
cellos and violas, is when you have bass figures just below the cello
line (and likely no separate staff for double bass).

At least one conductor thanked me for printing the score that way.
(but, YMMV :-)

Cheers,
V.