Re: Remote Ensemble Playing

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Remote Ensemble Playing
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 15:21:08 +0200

Am 01.04.2020 um 14:33 schrieb Urs Liska:

I'd be very interested to hear more about your Jitsi project by the
way!
github?
That would be extremely interesting for us too because our work will
very much rely on a jitsi instance (which we fortunately had running
for some time already).
This is very interesting, Urs!
I work at university, too (Erfurt) and I feel very uncomfortable about
the predominance of commercial tools based in the US like Zoom (at least
in the
discussions I followed or took part in).
Do you use Jitsi with the Jitsi Meet browser-based frontend or
with the Jitsi Desktop client?
I tried to setup a Jitsi server instance (Jitsi Meet + Videobridge) on
a JiffyBox Cloud server. The installation was, apart from some minor
issues, pretty straightforward.
During test video calls I had many problems, however.
Some participants could not connect, partly because of
unsupported browser versions, partly they got no error messages,
only a black window.
With one friend of mine I managed to get a connection, but it was very
instable and freezed after some minutes, while we both use Skype, Zoom, etc.
without problems.

Regards,
Michael

Urs