Re: Remote Ensemble Playing

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Remote Ensemble Playing
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 21:06:06 +1100

This is all very good but ensembles have been performing double choir
and organ in three widely spaced spots in Venice for centuries.
Without click tracks in 1600.

I am not convinced that there is a human clock running at a specific
rate. Where is the evidence for that, I ask, purely out of interest.

On this topic, I am currently building our own global jam software
with video and audio with low latency based on the open source jitsi
software. if it all works, I get back to you with the results.

Session players are great at following click tracks, but classically
trained players are usually hopeless in my experience, amusingly.

Andrew