Re: Proposal: Changing tremolo beam gap implementation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Proposal: Changing tremolo beam gap implementation
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 15:39:40 +0200

Am Fr., 10. Apr. 2020 um 14:34 Uhr schrieb Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden>:

> On 4/9/20, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-04/msg00160.html
> > It's ofcourse a workaround, but usable, afaict.
>
> Could it be worth mentioning on the tracker page for
> #704/#3143/#318/whichever?
>
> Cheers,
> V.

https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/704/#64b9
has an image of the relevant Gould-page.

I wasn't aware she recommends placing those beams between the
(thought) stems (don't own Gould).
The there mentioned alternative, beams between note-heads, is what my
workaround actually does.

I probably could amend the workaround by a boolean for aligning to
note-heads _or_ to stems.

Though, I'll not start the work if Torsten will present a proper fix
within the next two weeks.

Torsten, what do you think?

Cheers,
  Harm