Re: how to write music elements

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: how to write music elements
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 08:51:51 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 12.04.2020, 08:45 +0200 schrieb Dario Marrini:
Sorry I'm still in trouble, because I can't figure out how to write a simple note (i.e., a half note) without the staff, just the note on a white background; I took a look at feta fonts, but I can't build the note attaching the head to the stem (where is the stem?)

You shouldn't be doing that, but you should let LilyPond do the job for you (this is why you wrote to the LilyPond mailing list, isn't it?).

There are two basic steps to creating an image file for inclusion in word processors:

1)
Make LilyPond output the bare music with something like

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \omit StaffSymbol
    \omit Clef
    \omit TimeSignature
    \omit KeySignature

(maybe I've forgotten stuff here...)

2)
Make LilyPond output a cropped image. You can do that in various ways:

add
  \include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly"
to your input file.
Or use the -dpreview option on the command line.

HTH Urs

PS:
All of this is assuming that you want to include symbols in a *word processor*. If using LaTeX is an option you can use the packages lilyglyphs and lyluatex for better results and workflows.

any idea will be appreciated

thanks

dario