Vertical alignment of markup in Dynamics context

From: Stephan Schöll
Subject: Vertical alignment of markup in Dynamics context
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 21:30:00 +0200

Hi folks

I'm copying/transcribing simple piano scores (Diabelli Op. 163) for my
daughter. In order to align dynamics properly between the left and right
hand staves I went for a separate Dynamics context. Works great unless I
need extended dynamics as "dolce" or "più" written with the help of
\markup {}.

Let's assume the following snippets:

% MVE ---
\version "2.19.83"

% Snippet A ---

\score {
  \new PianoStaff {
    <<
      \new Staff {
        \relative {
          c''1 c
      \new Dynamics {
        s1\f s1-\markup { \dynamic p \italic dolce}
      }
      \new Staff {
        \clef bass
        c1 c

% Snippet B ---

\score {
  \new PianoStaff {
    <<
      \new Staff {
        \relative {
          c''1\f c-\markup { \dynamic p \italic dolce }
      \new Staff {
        \clef bass
        c1 c

% End MVE ---

In Snippet A the position indicator ^ _ - does change the vertical
position but never to the "f baseline".

I'm aiming for the result produced by Snippet B.

TIA & Regards
Stephan