Re: Combining roughly 70 separate files into a single book

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Re: Combining roughly 70 separate files into a single book
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 02:36:16 +1000

Hi Richard,

Does that do page numbers as well?  I'd really like to eliminate any extra steps if possible; my goal is to have a master file that I can adjust as necessary, and then just press a button to spit the whole thing out every time I need a new version.

Based on Jerry's suggestion I've done a little experimenting. Using a structure like this:

\book {
\bookpart {\include "O-Welt-ich-muss-dich.ly"}
\bookpart {\include "O-Welt-ich-muss-dich.ly"}
}

does produce scores in sequence with headings, etc. in place, but the music processing is full of errors and the output is nonsensical (see attachment). Can someone explain to me why this approach doesn't work? I thought that anything in a \bookpart block should be independent of everything around it, is that not the case? I even tried it with multiple \book blocks, but that produced nothing at all.

Brent.

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 02:18, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2020-04-28 at 23:37 +1000, Brent Annable wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for some general advice on how to combine about 70 files
> into one, to turn multiple files into a single PDF.

I guess you are aware that ghostscript can concatenate your pdfs?

gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=merged.pdf *.pdf

Richard Shann