Re: Can system-system spacing be altered within a \score block?

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Re: Can system-system spacing be altered within a \score block?
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 20:57:06 +1000

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your answer. I did try that, but because of my file structure it doesn't work. As soon as I use \bookpart anywhere in my master file, the output is corrupted for some reason -- probably because I'm including multiple files that use higher-level expressions and variables with the same names. I could reorganize everything, but that's precisely the hassle I'm trying to avoid.

I enclose a few files as an example. What I want to do is bring the systems of 'All things bright and beautiful' closer together on the page. If I do ragged-bottom = ##t they are too close together; I could insert some \vspaces to move the whole piece down a bit, but the systems remain too bunched-up for my liking. If I put the coding for that section into a \bookpart block, the output is immediately corrupted, so I can't use a separate \paper block to achieve what I want.

Any ideas on the best way to solve this?

Regards,

Brent.