Re: Re: 2.21.1 change of behavior of \compressMMRests?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Re: 2.21.1 change of behavior of \compressMMRests?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 17:57:30 +0200

On 2020-05-03 11:25, Paul Scott wrote:
Phil,

To make sure we're on the same page is \compressMMRests the same as \compressFullBarRests which doesn't seem to exist any more?

If \compressMMRests is intended to replace or rename \compressFullBarRests then I have been using it in a common or timing definition for hundreds of pieces in the manner you say doesn't work in 2.19.x.

Can someone remind where to get 2.19.83 for 64-bit Linus or a similar version for me to create a MWE so I can verify or not what I think?  I just built a new machine and it's not trivial to get 2.19.x from the old hard drive.

Thank you and stay well,

I'm a bit amazed to see so many email in this thread and nobody provides the relevant answer, namely that \compressFullBarRests still exists in 2.20.

In version 2.21, \compressFullBarRests has been renamed to \compressEmptyMeasures and the difference between this macro and the music function \compressMMRests has been clarified in http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/writing-parts#compressing-empty-measures. As always (?!), this syntax change is automatically resolved if you run your .ly files through convert-ly.

   /Mats