Re: Combining roughly 70 separate files into a single book

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Combining roughly 70 separate files into a single book
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 11:52:58 +0200

Il giorno lun 4 mag 2020 alle 14:39, Brent Annable <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Your strategy seems like good advice, and I've changed the files around so I can do it. But the master file is getting very long and complicated with all the \score blocks, so I have a question: can you put a \score block into a variable, to avoid all the extra code in the master file? Whenever I try to do that I get an error message, using the syntax below:

This is exactly what I do: I save each score block in a variable so I can use it wherever I want to.

myScore = { \score { \new Staff [etc.] } }

\myScore

Is there some special way of putting the \score block into a variable so it doesn't produce an error?

David has already given the solution: you should not wrap it using {}