Re: Current octave in relative mode

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Current octave in relative mode
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 18:07:29 +0200

Peace be with you, guys...   ;-)

<quote author="Wols Lists">The OP's eXample is more complicated but as
far as I can tell
this is what he's aiming at.
</quote>

Of course, I did some experimenting on my own before asking here on the
list.
I was aware that the problem only appears if I use my function inside a
\relative statement, but not (as far as I remember) if I start a
\relative expression at the same moment the function is called. And, of
course, no problem in absolute mode.

I was hoping to to find a solution that can deal with all of the above
situations and the user doesn't have to care. That's why David's
solution is perfect for my aim.

I also have seen Han-Wen's function, but I could not test if it fits my
needs. It did not compile without errors. Maybe it doesn't work with
recent LY versions, maybe it was a mistake by me...

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm glad this list exists and I know
where to find help.

Cheers,
Klaus