Re: Suggestion to make sharps and flats persistent

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Suggestion to make sharps and flats persistent
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 12:33:09 -0400

Hi all,

> This is just a feature request for laziness with resulting opaqueness. I
> think it has been requested several times over the years because of other
> program's bad habits.

I agree with this 100%. That being said…

Are not

    \relative f'

and

    \fixed c'''

just "feature requests for laziness with resulting opaqueness"?  ;)

More productively: Why couldn’t we add some sugar for those who want it, e.g.

    \keyed d \major { d f e c d }

would result in

    { d f# e c# d }

??

We (well… modulo me LOL) don’t get this worked up about how \relative makes
cut-and-paste a nightmare. Why start now?  ;)

Cheers,
Kieren.