New User: How can one separate voice share different clefs in a piano fu

From: R.H.
Subject: New User: How can one separate voice share different clefs in a piano fugue?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 14:53:12 +0200

INTRO

A big "Hello" to this list!

I am new to Lilypond and worked through the intro documentation. My name is Roland Hüttmann from Switzerland. I am an amateur piano player for almost all genres, but mainly classical music, currently learning the Prelude and Fugue IX of the Well Tempered Clavier Nr. 1 from J.S.Bach, (BWV 584).

In coding I have quite some experience mainly working with the free community edition of Livecode.com which I very much enjoy this language and believe it can be used in conjunction with Lilypond as it's text processing capabilities are probably the best in the market and it is very easy to learn.

My teachers in piano are concert pianists (Denis Zhdanov and Elina Akselrud, both Lucerne, Switzerland). My aim here is mainly write educational scores based on such teaching for beginners and advanced students of piano, but maybe also assist in writing newly composed music.

BEGINNER'S QUESTIONS

I started to encode the Bach's Fugue Nr. IX in Lilypond. I stumbled over a problem which I could not yet (as a beginner) solve. The music is polyphonic with three distinct voices. There is a bass voice, a soprano voice and an alt voice. The alt voice uses both clefs in the piano notation: Tremble (G) and bass (F).

1. Do I have enter two voices for the tremble clef and two voices to the bass clef since this alt voice is representedi n both clefs? I would prefer to not having to do this to make the alt separate. It just shares both clefs.

2. At three occasions, the alt voice crosses both clefs in the middle and the beam connecting the pitches of this voice must be beween both clefs or also cross the clefs.

3. Besides coloring the different voices for better readability, I also want to indicate fingering for each vfoice -- which changes for each voice between left and right hand. How can I indicate which hand to use when a fingering number is assigned? Here, this is quite important as it is not always obvious. I want to either use an indication such as RH or LH (right or left hand), or a certain style or color for the fingering.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Have fun and enjoy music
Roland