Re: Forced lyric hyphen

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Forced lyric hyphen
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 16:55:26 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fr. Samuel Springuel" <rpspringuel@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 3:33 PM
Subject: Forced lyric hyphen

Is there a tweak/override that can be applied which will force a particular lyric hyphenEvent to always appear show its hyphen (moving lyrics/notes around if needed)? I’m trying to deal with hyphenated words (“loving-kindness” in this particular example) and the hyphenEvent hyphen disappears under some circumstances if I use it exclusively and manually inserting a text hyphen into one of the syllables makes for an inconsistent double hyphen in others:

\version "2.20.0"

\new Staff
<<
   \new Voice = "mel" { g' g' g' g' }
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "mel" { lov -- ing -- kind -- ness }

\new Staff
<<
   \new Voice = "mel" { g'( f') g'( f') g'( f') g'( f') }
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "mel" { lov -- ing- -- kind -- ness }

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "mel" { lov -- \once \override LyricHyphen.minimum-distance = #10.0 ing -- kind -- ness }

--
Phil Holmes