Re: Text spanner with centred text state of the art

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Text spanner with centred text state of the art
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:37:55 +0200

Here is the code I settled with in my project. I assume that some of it
is inferior to the code now in LilyPond, but I also think it provides
functionality not covered by the MeasureAttachedSpanner.

1)
https://github.com/ism-dme/lm-vs/blob/import-1756/examples/library/toolbox/brackets.ily

This provides brackets with and without text, centered over one or
multiple measures. It can also center text over multiple measures. I
suspect all of this can be achieved with the now-included spanner.

2)
https://github.com/ism-dme/lm-vs/blob/import-1756/examples/library/toolbox/center.ily

This provides a function to center arbitrary "music" in a measure, e.g.
notes, clefs or time signatures in a measure by replacing a
MultiMeasureRest with a score markup (stripped of most of the score
...). Currently it is hardcoded to enter a R1, but this could be easily
replaced by either a given duration or by determining the length of
some reference expression.

Optionally that centered stuff can be "annotated" by centered text
above and below the staff. To some extent it can also ensure such text
fits in the measure by setting the MMR's minimum-length property.

Best
Urs

PS:
The folder is an example of a "toolbox" that can be used with the
openLilyLib function
  \loadTool brackets
which would also accept options, and which I implemented for that
project.