Re: Syntax for ligature brackets

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Syntax for ligature brackets
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 17:16:19 -0400

    Robin> Laura Conrad wrote:

    >> I'm not saying this is wrong, and I'm certainly not saying it
    >> should be changed.  But it would help me remember when I haven't
    >> transcribed a ligature for a few months if someone explained why
    >> it was done this way.
    >>

    Robin> It seems it's ok to think it's wrong and should be changed.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-04/msg00813.html

I agree it should be changed if we can write a convert-ly rule for the
change.  I'm still mad about the lyrics change of 15 or 20 years ago
that didn't  have one, so I'd rather have a legend to explain the
history behind the design than a change that didn't convert old code.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

There was a story going around that a management consultant, standing
in front of a number of software project managers at a convention. He
asked the collected group "How many of you flew here?" and watched all
the hands go up. He then asked "How many of you would get back on that
plane if you found out your software teams wrote the operating
software?" and all the hands went down.

Michael Tiernan on discuss@blu.org