Frenched score and rehearsal marks.

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Frenched score and rehearsal marks.
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:10:05 -0400

Greetings All,

In preparing an orchestral score, I am running into a very practical
question that others surely must have encountered. I have removed
Mark_engraver from the score context and placed it in the appropriate
staff contexts - that is, in the uppermost staff of each instrument
family. Furthermore, in order to reduce space, I have invoked
\RemoveEmptyStaves in the staff context of the layout block. However,
there are then many occasions when rehearsal marks naturally do not
appear, because the relevant staff is appropriately hidden. In fact, I
have entire pages where no rehearsal marks appear, even though more
than one has actually occurred! Of course, I could get around this by
including Mark_engraver in all staves, but this sort of duplication is
precisely what I am trying to avoid. Has anyone a solution? This
question also applies to Metronome_mark_engraver. Could the answer lie
somehow in the StaffGroup context? Having trouble to wrap my head
around it!

Thank you for any help.

Hwaen Ch'uqi