Re: Trouble re-subscribing after temporary unsubscription

From: David Wright
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 08:44:31 -0500

On Wed 19 Aug 2020 at 11:26:56 (+0100), Michael Hendry wrote:
> Returning to the mailing list after what I planned would be a temporary
> period away, I find I’m unable to log in using my old details, and that the
> “Remind” feature doesn’t work, in that I appear to need a valid password in
> order to be reminded!
>
> Is there something obvious that I’m missing?

What do you mean by "old" details? To get to the options page, you
need to use the email address you subscribed under, as this forms
part of the options page's address. (You probably know that.)

The Remind button is almost the last item on that page. I would
imagine that you are interpreting "From this point on" to mean
"from this point on in the text of this page" rather than
"from this point on in order to change any options".

So just press Remind. My email took less than 5 seconds to arrive,
and at least one hop had to cross the Atlantic.

Next, on a site like gmail, they always say "check your spam folder".

Cheers,
David.