overriding voiceOne to add properties to that specific voice context

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: overriding voiceOne to add properties to that specific voice context
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 23:13:47 +0200

Hi,

As part of my attempt at having Lilypond generate music braille (which is
slowly succeeding), I am currently working to have a bit more control over
voices and the way these can be ordered in music braille.
Lilypond uses \voiceX and \oneVoice to add semantic meaning for voices. These
commands however only translate in offsets on the engraver as far as I can see,
but not to anything simple that I could retrieve as part of the voice context
properties. It would be very useful to have this information somehow.

I am receiving the note events through listeners on the voice context, and have
access to the voice context itself through (ly:translator-context engraver).
Is there a way that I can override / replace the default \voiceX and \oneVoice
commands with versions that both do their default task as well as set a voice
context property which would allow me to read the voice number back later as
part of the specific voice context properties?

I have been trying a few things with (context-spec-music) but as I don't really
understand what it returns (or does) exactly, it is a bit hard to know what to
do exactly.

Thanks in advance!

Maurits