Re: Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 12:44:17 +1000

Sets the accidental style to dodecaphonic - every single note displays an accidental. Used by early Serialists, and a good number of modernist composers. All my scores use it exclusively.

From the NR under Accidentals:

This rule reflects a practice introduced by composers at the beginning of the 20th century, in an attempt to abolish the hierarchy between natural and non-natural notes. With this style, every note gets an accidental sign, including natural signs.

Were you not able to locate that? There are variations on the style available also.

Andrew