Re: Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 20:39:54 -0400

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:45 PM Andrew Bernard
<andrew.bernard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sets the accidental style to dodecaphonic - every single note displays
> an accidental. Used by early Serialists, and a good number of modernist
> composers. All my scores use it exclusively.
>
>  From the NR under Accidentals:
>
> This rule reflects a practice introduced by composers at the beginning
> of the 20th century, in an attempt to abolish the hierarchy between
> natural and non-natural notes. With this style, every note gets an
> accidental sign, including natural signs.
Thanks that helps.   My search for \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic did
not bring this up.

> Were you not able to locate that? There are variations on the style
> available also.
Here was my problem,   I did not know what i was expecting,   i searched for
\accidentalStyle dodecaphonic and came up wit the only wording: "A
predefined command such as
\dynamicUp or a music expression like \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic"
and 3 places where it was used that i did not understand.

Thank you, ƒg