Re: How to write chords of different durations?

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Re: How to write chords of different durations?
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 14:48:20 -0700

Hi Robin;

  Thank you so much for your reply.

  I've been reading your attached example, thinking about it and
experimenting with it ever since.

  I now have a basic understanding of two ways to obtain chords of
different duration (your method and partcombine).

  The result so far is that I can have the lyrics and piano portions
engraved successfully if I ignore the chords of different durations.
and I can get the piano portions containing chords of different
durations without the lyrics.

  So far I have not figured out how to get both the lyrics and the
chords of different durations in the same piece.

  I'm sure that the answer is staring me in the face, right under my
nose, but it doesn't sink in yet.

  I'm sure that the successful result will be of making the simplest
possible situation work and then build that into my existing, more
complicated, work.

  There is so much yet to learn and master!

Ken