Re: Fingering: showing strings by dots?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Fingering: showing strings by dots?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 06:35:05 +0200

Hi Alasdair,
I've never seen such notation. I'd be curious to see an example.
Maybe this could help: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1068
E.g.:

\version "2.20.0"

#(define-markup-command
  (circled-pattern layout props radius angle num arg)
  (number? number? number? markup?)
  (interpret-markup layout props
   (let* ((rep (abs num))(rad (abs radius)))
    (cond
     ((= num 0) (markup ""))
     ((= num 1) (markup arg))
     (#t (markup
          (#:combine
           (#:null)
           (fold
            (lambda (i prev)
             (markup
               (#:combine
                (#:rotate
                 (* i (/ angle rep))
                 (#:concat (#:null #:hspace rad arg)))
               prev)))
            (markup (#:null))
            (iota (1+ rep))))))))))

four = \markup\translate #'(-.7 . 0) \rotate #45 \circled-pattern #2 #90 #4 "."

{
  c'-3^\four

Pierre