Re: lilyglyphs not found in ubuntu packages 20.04

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: lilyglyphs not found in ubuntu packages 20.04
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 14:14:38 +0200

Thanks for the update, I'll look into how I can change my document so it uses lyluatex only. I used lyluatex to include complete scores in my document, not for single musical signs, for that I used lilyglyphs.
Actually I'm considering to drop the latex road and switch to libreoffice, for one big important reason: epub, and I need the epub format because of the pandemic. I expect more Covid-19 related shutdowns of the schools I work for, and my students use mobile devices very often. On these pdf's are often not good, they don't scale good, epub does.

There is one important reason to keep lilyglyphs: compatibility with older documents.
If I get what I need from lyluatex it's OK for me personally to drop support for it, I haven't used it that often, I can handle fixing that, but I doubt I'm the only one having documents using lilyglyphs.
I do revisit older files too and when my pdf's fail to compile because of issues like these, needing to update something urgently, I think everybody can agree that is not a very happy moment.
I was lucky it was not urgent. I really can't believe I'm the only one having used lilyglyphs, so I'm afraid, dropping support for it all together will result in many 'not very happy moments'.

grtz,
Bart