Re: Conditional segmentation faults

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Conditional segmentation faults
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 21:53:08 +0100

Thank you for these responses.  Before I received them, I had already
done a little more work on my score.  After all, I knew that I could
work around the seg. fault problem by issuing the lilypond command in a
terminal, rather than from within emacs.

So I reinstated the viola line, which was previously temporarily
excluded, and added a few more bars of music to it.  Almost inevitably
I forgot to use the terminal to compile, and did my usual Ctrl-C
Ctrl-L.

I immediately realized my mistake, but let the process continue.  The
file compiled without any problem!  So it now seems that this
intermittent fault can be cured by adding, as well as by removing
material in the code.  How crazy is that?

My next line of attack was in any case going to be installing Lilypond
21.2.5, and Paul's mention of the fact that he had had similar problems
to mine with 21.2.4 suggested that this might well be a solution.
Today I changed to 21.2.5, and so far I haven't had any more seg.
faults.  Time will tell whether the problem has actually gone away
completely.

David