Re: Problem positioning TextSpanner

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Problem positioning TextSpanner
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 13:07:09 -0800

On 2020-11-11 4:06 am, Victor Olaya wrote:
I am trying to create a text spanner that groups several notes, in such a way that the end of the spanner falls exactly on the last note, so another one can start right after that and convey the idea the note also belongs to
that other group.

An image might help to clarify it. I want to do something like this:

https://www.maqamworld.com/es/maqam/rast.php

I haven't found a way of doing it, and the \startTextSpan \stopTextSpan
syntax doesn't seem to allow a note to be part of two spans.

This is where providing an example of what you have tried would be useful.

A note is allowed to be the end of one span and the beginning of another:

%%%%
\version "2.20.0"

{ b'2 \startTextSpan 4 4 \stopTextSpan \startTextSpan | 4 2. \stopTextSpan }
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill