Re: Spreadsheet - Python – Ly

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Spreadsheet - Python – Ly
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 19:33:45 +0100

Dear Max,

what you describe sounds somewhat similar to gridly:
https://github.com/openlilylib/gridly

I have never been in need for such an approach. Which is why I don't
know enough about gridly to describe it properly. And it is not about
spreadsheets just the time/voice-segmentation sounds similar to me. But
perhaps you can have a look at it.

More links:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Gridly-simple-Segmented-Grid-td171558.html#a171704
http://web.archive.org/web/20191223132852/http://lilypondblog.org/2014/10/segment-grid/

But implementing a conversion from spreadsheet to a Python list of lists
is pretty straight forward, too. I would use pandas or openpyxl to read
the spreadsheet. Sth. like

import pandas as pd
pd.read_excel(filename).values.tolist()

I have doubts that I myself would like to edit it in a spreadsheet - I
just appreciate the text based approach and git too much to do that.

HTH
Joram