Re: crescendi/decrescendi on one note in Lilypond? and how does a pianis

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: crescendi/decrescendi on one note in Lilypond? and how does a pianist do this?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 00:39:54 -0500

You hit the note then after a slight delay step the sustain pedal all the way down and then add vibrato. It gives on some nicely made pianos a nice bloom of sound. The trick is going into the note or chord with no pedal at all for the preceding short bit of music. Pictures at an Exhibition has such a thing in the Catacombs movement that this can be used. Anyway, that Is how I deal with the problem.

-Shane

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 8:21 PM Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you all!