Re: LilyPond 2.22.0 exits with an error if DEBUG option is not given

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.22.0 exits with an error if DEBUG option is not given
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 15:23:17 -0600

On Sun 31 Jan 2021 at 16:10:59 (+0900), 田村淳 wrote:

> LilyPond 2.22.0 exits with error for one of my projects.
>
> Starting lilypond 2.22.0 [RV_381+BWV_980_score.ly]...
> Processing `/Users/tamura/Documents/LilyPond/Vivaldi RV 381 + Bach BWV
> 980/RV_381+BWV_980_score.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> Exited with return code 11.
>
> In order to obtain more information, I used —log=DEBUG (in Frescobaldi
> “Engrave (custom)…”. Then the project compiled fine with no error.
[…]
> What should I do next to obtain appropriate information to report the issue?

I guess that you might file a bug against Frescobaldi as long as you
can find the version of the source file that triggered the error.
If the error number has been mangled, then they may need to
determine what original error it indicates.

OTOH if error 11 is an OS error number, then it would be worth knowing
whether that source file (without DEBUG) always produces it. After all,
11 is "EDEADLK Resource deadlock avoided" in Macland, vaguely
corresponding to "EAGAIN /* Try again */" on linux, and one often
expects EAGAIN to be an intermittent occurrence (depending on its
precise cause).

> My environment:
> OS: Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur
> LilyPond version: 2.22.0 built locally with MacPorts
> Frescobaldi version: 3.1.3 binary from Frescobaldi Github repo

Cheers,
David.