Re: headers when using \include

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: headers when using \include
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 08:22:06 -0600

On Thu 04 Feb 2021 at 11:00:39 (+0100), Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 10:12, Calvin Ransom <calvinjransom@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am attempting to place two separate scores into one file using
> \include, my current issue is that the two scores have different titles and
> instruments but currently it is only showing one of the titles and one of
> the instrument names, is there a way I can prevent it from doing that?

Forget the fact that you're using \include, and consider the source as
a single file: that's what LP does.

> \paper {
>   print-all-headers = ##t
> }
>
> Cf. NR 3.2.1 Creating titles headers and footers > Titles explained
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers.html#titles-explained

If your \header-s are outside the \score block, the second one will
overwrite the first, and that will happen before the anything is typeset.
So you need them inside the \score blocks—but only \piece and \opus
will be printed unless you insert print-all-headers as above.
The \paper block can be added to the top of both your included files
in case you ever want to set them separately.

Cheers,
David.