Re: repeatTie question

From: Mark Probert
Subject: Re: repeatTie question
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 16:25:48 +1000

Werner wrote:

> Have you actually looked into the Notation Reference, section 'Ties'?
> A few paragraphs after the start of the section you can find
> documentation for `\laissezVibrer`!

May bad. I missed that, and this is exactly the symbol I wanted to use.

What I skipped over was the "indicate that notes must not be damped at
the end" bit. My use is not related to that at all: I'm in a long
repeat and the tie relates to the first note of the next bar, which is
back at the start-repeat sign. I am not using a "piano, harp and other
string and percussion."

My apologies, I mean no offence, I missed seeing the little curved line
in the L.v. example and how it might be applied to repeats :-)

> So please tell us exactly what index entries you were trying to look
> up, and which are still missing.  [Please use the Notation Reference
> for the current development version, 2.23.2, to do that]

I thought I could find out how to do in the section on "Long Repeats,"
perhaps showing a snippet.

There is an example of \repeatTie in the Ties section when used in the
Volta/Alternative but not of using \laissezVibrer to do the same on the
first ending. (And I missed the implications of the next paragraph.)

So there is no problem, I simply didn't know, couldn't find an answer
to my specific question, and asked on the forum where you're meant to
ask such questions. My confusion is simply one of terminology and
unfamiliarity with lilypond.

Kind regards
 .. mark.