Re: cresc over whole notes with lyrics

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: cresc over whole notes with lyrics
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 07:31:40 -0700

Well, I'm seeing two things: 1) there is no ending to the decrescendo,
so it throws a warning, and 2) the tie from the first e'1 to the
second won't work, because the second is in a different voice.  I
don't know exactly what you want to do with the decrescendo, but I'd
put it in a separate Dynamics voice, like this:

%%%
\version "2.20.0"

\new Staff <<
  \new Voice = "music"  {
    e'1 ~ | e'1 | d'1 ~ | d'1
  }

  \new Dynamics {
    s1 | s2 s \> | s s\! | s1
  }

  \new Lyrics \with {
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.
    nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #2
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.
    nonstaff-unrelatedstaff-spacing.padding = #2
  }

  \lyricsto "music"  { Hel -- lo }

%%%

--