Re: Nabble broken?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Nabble broken?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 23:23:15 +0200

Le 25/06/2021 à 22:25, David Kastrup a écrit :
Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

Le 25/06/2021 à 18:56, Peter Toye a écrit :
Nabble broken? I wanted to look at a thread in Nabble, but nearly
all of the messages say that they were deleted by the author. Is
something wrong here?

It's happening on all the threads I've looked at, so  it can hardly
be a mass desertion of contributors.

Peter
mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com <mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com>
www.ptoye.com <http://www.ptoye.com>
This is exactly the subject of an ongoing thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-06/msg00225.html
Well, hard to realise what the thread is about when all the posts are
deleted...  I think some people mainly use Nabble, and the GNU list
archive is probably not the best interface for reading and posting.

Well yes. The archive doesn't help you in posting except
by opening a mailto link in whatever mail client you have,
and is not exactly friendly for reading due to the per-month
threading which makes it more difficult than necessary to
read conversations spanning several months. I think those
archives are to be considered something good at long-term
preservation and not much more. I've occasionally found
https://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user@gnu.org/
more helpful.

On the French-speaking list, the Nabble problem has appeared
just a few days ago. That might push us to move to another
web interface for the list, who knows. Nabble has already been
causing quite a few problems in the past, like mangling code
samples. I haven't investigated options yet, though.

Best,
Jean