Re: Nabble broken?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Nabble broken?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:13:05 +0200 (CEST)

Le 27/06/2021 20:53, Robin Bannister <rcb@dabble.ch> a écrit :

Jean Abou Samra wrote:

That might push us to move to another
web interface for the list, who knows. Nabble has already been
causing quite a few problems in the past, like mangling code
samples. I haven't investigated options yet, though.

When you were posting to Nabble Support [1] did you see the threads
which seem to imply that Nabble is being discontinued in various ways
- server, support, etc. e.g. [2] [3] [4] ?

Cheers,
Robin

[1] http://support.nabble.com/CONTENTS-DELETED-tp7609604p7609639.html

[2] http://support.nabble.com/The-Future-of-Nabble-tp7605923.html

[3]
http://support.nabble.com/Mailing-Lists-will-be-updated-to-regular-forums-next-week-tp7609458.html

Aaaah. This one explains it entirely!

So Nabble basically just no longer fits our needs! We have to find something else.

In the meantime, it might be wise to shut down our Nabble server since it provides little value now that it is completely disconnected from the list. Who is an admin there?

[4]
http://support.nabble.com/Possible-Alternate-Hosting-For-Nabble-Apps-tp7609590.html