Re: Problem with blackpetrucci

From: Kees van den Doel
Subject: Re: Problem with blackpetrucci
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 10:07:55 -0700

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 8:39 PM Kees van den Doel <kvdoel@gmail.com> wrote:
But there's also blackmensural.ly by Lukas Pietsch; it's quite old (and to be honest I don't know it at all and can't say how it deals with your problem), but maybe it's of use to you: http://www.lukas-pietsch.de/Music/

I got everything to work fine, except the special note shapes. Interestingly the blackmensural.pdf is illustrated with the begin of the same piece I'm typesetting and has those note shapes perfectly.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with 2.22 and convert-ly gives a long list of errors to fix manually which is beyond my capability.

Actually, despite getting many warnings like below, blackmensural.ly seems to work fine. It's actually quite wonderful and complete and has everything one needs to typeset music from before ~1450.

enattendant2.ly:82:5: warning: cannot create context: BlackMensuralStaff = cantu
sa

    \new BlackMensuralStaff = "cantusa"  <<
enattendant2.ly:83:7: warning: cannot create context: BlackMensuralVoice = cantu
sa

      \new BlackMensuralVoice = "cantusa"  {
warning: cannot find property type-check for `mensural_ligature_queue' (translat
ion-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment
warning: cannot find property type-check for `beatLength' (translation-type?).
perhaps a typing error?