Re: Uke tab questions

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Uke tab questions
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 01:25:13 +0200

Hello Paolo, hello Carl,

This is actually very easy to fix. By default the algorithm works like this:
We try to put each note to the lowest possible fret. To do this we assume the
strings are in falling pitch and then we just walk through all strings and
stop once we get one that works.

To get this to work with non-monotonous strings, one has to simply change this
to: Instead of always getting the next string, try to find the next highest
string. And then you’re done.

I’ve included a quick and moderately unefficient (but then, how many strings
might we get?) patch for scm/translation-functions.scm which solves this
issue.

Cheers,
Valentin