Rendering athenian Sagittal using microlily

From: Garek Dyszel
Subject: Rendering athenian Sagittal using microlily
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 17:10:20 -0400

Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting Graham Breed's microlily to engrave
athenian Sagittal accidentals properly in *.pdf files, using the
Bravura font.
The accidentals are replaced with random Unicode symbols (such as \rho
and \xi). An example *.pdf with this issue is attached.

I listened back to the *.midi file produced by microlily and it sounded
like it was tuned properly. So it seems like this is an issue with
Unicode codepoints, or something else to do with font rendering.

I am using lilypond 2.22.1, but the problem persists if I switch to
lilypond 2.12.3.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install the otf-bravura package from the Arch User Repository [fn:1]:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/otf-bravura/

2. Run the attached shell script (or follow the steps manually, if you prefer).

Garek

[fn:1]: I also tried installing the Bravura fonts by following all the
steps, including the optional steps, here:

https://github.com/dbenjaminmiller/bmusicfonts

The *.pdf results from lilypond didn't appear to be improved by
installing both versions of Bravura, though.